CURRENT TENDER & VACANCY
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
- Lot 1: Ministry of Public Works, Infrastructure, Environment, Labour, Meteorology and Disaster, Tuvalu
- Lot 2: Ministry of Transport, Energy and Tourism (MTET) of Tuvalu
- Lot 1: Maritime Investment and Climate Resilience Operations (MICRO) Project (P161540)
- Lot 2: Tuvalu Aviation Investment Project (TvAIP) (P128940)
- Lot 1: Funafuti Wharf Pavement Reconstruction and Building Works
- Lot 2: Runway Repair and Resilience Works
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.:
- Lot 1: IDAD4100
- Lot 2: D241-TV
- Lot 1: TV-MPWIELMD-246360-CW-RFB
- Lot 2: MCT/ICBW/T A15 2 A-3
Issued on: October 14, 2021
- The Government of Tuvalu has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the MICRO and TvAIP projects and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract(s) for Funafuti Wharf Pavement Reconstruction and Building Works and Runway Repair and Resilience Works.
- The Ministry of Public Works, Infrastructure, Environment, Labour, Meteorology and Disaster and the Ministry of Transport, Energy and Tourism (MTET) of Tuvalu now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for:
Lot 1: Funafuti Wharf Pavement Reconstruction and Building Work
Work under Lot 1 includes reconstruction of pavement, drainage and refurbishment of the existing warehouse at the wharves on Funafuti, including:
- Excavation and reconstruction of existing pavement material;
- Construction of industrial pavers;
- Installation of new drainage systems;
- Construction of sea wall;
- Demolition of existing shelters; and
- Retrofitting openings, closing existing openings and amendments to the existing Solar Power
- infrastructure on the existing warehouse.
Lot 2: Runway Repair and Resilience Works
Asphalt overlay over a part of the existing Runway at Funafuti Airport, including;
- Ripping/Scarifying followed by rolling of existing chipseal surface
- Application of Primerseal
- Application of asphalt overlay
- Earthwork and topsoiling to tie-in the new asphalt overlay to the adjacent strip areas
- Minor asphalt patch repair works
- Grooving and Paint markings.
Bidders may bid for either one or both lots.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- Bidders may conduct a site visit at their own cost and convenience.
- Bids must be delivered via electronic submission by email on or before November 30, 2021 at 10am Local Tuvalu time. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below November 30, 2021at 11:05am Local Tuvalu time.
- The budget for this activity is for Lot 1: USD 3.5m and Lot 2: USD 10.5m. Bids exceeding the budgetary estimate will not be rejected.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.